Monday, November 15, 2010

My Experience at Camp Echo Hill - ShaQuan Moore

   
When I first arrived at Echo Hill Camp, it looked like a military base. We slept in a tent and we had bug nets to protect us from the bugs. I had five other roommates, Josh, Christian, Tavis, Austin, and NBB. I also had two counselors, Tim and Nick.

There were plenty of activities available at Echo Hill Camp, including: basketball, tennis, paintball, pellets, archery, crabbing, fishing, sailing, kayaking, bageling, water skiing, wake, knee, and belly boarding, swimming, arts, music, ultimate Frisbee and swamp mucking. While participating in these activities, I won a few awards, including: Land sports, Land sports king, fishing, bageling and 3rd class waterskiing, wake and knee boarding. The awards were different because they weren’t made out of metal – they were made out of wood. That was so amazing that they could make awards out of wood!

I had a great experience while at Echo Hill Camp. Everything – from the counselors, the activities, the campers, the two formal dances, and the food – everything was great!

On our last day, we were awakened at 2:00am to go to Echo Ring. Echo Ring is when we all sit around and the counselors told us one by one their experience as a counselor. Not once while I was away did I get homesick. But, after all the packing, the ride back home, greeting and seeing my mom and all of the hugs and kisses, it was good to be home.

 Thank you SEED Public Charter School for giving me this most wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment