Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Space Camp - Maryam Hassan

This summer I went to Huntsville, Alabama to attend Space Camp. This wonderful opportunity was given to me and two other students by a generous law firm called Fish & Richardson. Fish and Richardson provides scholarships to students who want to learn about outer space and the world outside of where they live. I really appreciate the fact that I received a scholarship which covered my tuition, my round-trip flight and a space suit!

When I got to Space Camp, I immediately fit in because everybody was friendly. During camp, I made more than 30 new friends and had the privilege to learn from two very supportive adults who taught me everything I now know about space. One thing that I learned was that America wasn’t the 1st country to go into outer space; it was actually Russia

Going to Space Camp was an opportunity of a lifetime and I thank Fish & Richardson and SEED for making this opportunity possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment