Thursday, September 16, 2010

Echo Hill Camp - Ariel Pendergast

Camp Echo Hill was at the Chesapeake Bay and the water activities they had were tubing, water skiing, sailing, boat riding, wakeboarding, kayaking, and a beach hike. My favorite water activities were the boat rides and tubing.


For tubing, you lie on this board and try to hold on as the boat driver goes fast and turns and tries to make you fall off. I only fell off once before I got the hang of it. The land sport activities were volleyball, basketball, soccer, ultimate Frisbee, archery, paintball, a giant swing, zip line, a woods hike, an art center, and pottery. My 2 favorite land sports were volleyball and the giant swing. On the giant swing, they put you in a harness and the people there pull you up higher until you say stop. When you say stop you have to pull this yellow string. It took me a while to do it [pull the string] but when I did, I was in total shock. Everyone said that I screamed so loud that I burst someone’s ear drum. The tents were okay; we had to put bug nets over our bed.

Every Friday there was a dance. It was really fun because they had this light that flickers really fast. So if you move really fast you look like a robot. There was also this light that made your shirt glow. We got to dance on the tables too! On the last day, a lot of people cried because everyone was leaving. I've made 2 friends from Russia that I will keep in touch with.

No comments:

Post a Comment