Thursday, September 16, 2010

North Carolina Outward Bound - Keyana White

My North Carolina Outward Bound (NCOB) experience was very challenging. I have learned a lot about myself and I now know what I am capable of.

When I learned that have to cook my own food and live outside while on course, I became less intrigued about the course. But something deep down inside me told that I could do it if I put my mind to it. I wanted to be challenged and taken out of my comfort zone.


On day one of my course, I was very skeptical and I wanted to go home. Throughout my course, I was challenged and at times I felt defeated. By day 19 however, I began to feel accomplished. I realized that throughout the course, I did not exemplify my full potential because I was being taken out of my comfort zone. I was without a television, my cell phones, my Ipod, and running water for 3 weeks! I am now more appreciative for the things that I have at home.

North Carolina Outward Bound has provided me with the opportunity to try new things and meet wonderful people. I know that I have made life long connections with the people that I have met. I am thankful for this wonderful opportunity that was given to me – even though it took me awhile to realize how wonderful this opportunity is

North Carolina Outward Bound has challenged me in the face of adversity and for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment