Thursday, September 16, 2010

North Carolina Outward Bound - Travis Ferrell

I learned a lot through my time at North Carolina Outward Bound (NCOB). I first learned that you can make really close friends in a short period of time. 

I was with the group led by Jen and Josh and at first, I thought it was the outdoors that made me talk and become a more social person. But, the personalities that were around me created a different version of me. 

During my time at Outward Bound, I learned that while on the course, no matter who you are or what you look like, you get treated just the same. After my first two days at the course I saw that everyone was close to each other and we started to learn a lot about each other. The other campers that I was with became the family that I didn’t think I could have. Even though I looked different than everyone that was at the course, I still was treated with the care and respect that you would treat a sibling.

No comments:

Post a Comment